You may have heard of the term enterprise mobile app development for the first time. It is widely used in the context of mobile apps created or imported by individual organizations to enable employees to perform services necessary to run the company. Enterprise-based mobile apps are expected to be used only by employees of selected companies. This definition does not include apps that a company creates for consumers or customers of the services and products it creates. So there is a big difference between mobile enterprise apps and regular corporate apps.
Differences in Enterprise Mobile App Development
Enterprise mobile app development is one step in building a mobile application that meets the needs of an enterprise. The users of the app are primarily employees of the company and their purpose is primarily to stream business operations.
- Because enterprise apps are different from consumer mobile apps, there will be differences in the development process.
- Like other corporate systems, enterprise apps handle frequent data transfers and corporate databases.
- Therefore, it should be designed with higher scalability and security in mind.
- Additionally, enterprise mobile apps must always be consistent across many more platforms and devices than today’s consumer apps, as failures are costly to companies.
- Alongside this, testing, building automation, and integrating apps into an enterprise’s infrastructure will also be unique.
- Enterprise app development also differs in terms of legal considerations and app distribution. This is mainly because you have to comply with the policies of the app market.
It is important to learn more about the values and services associated with enterprise mobile app development services. Also, learning about the challenges you face in this section is also very important to learn more about this section. To do this, log in to Big Drop Inc online and learn more about this section now.
challenges coming to you
Several key challenges can be addressed for a successful enterprise mobile app release. A closer look at the main ones will surely be in your favor.
1. API strategy
Mobile applications use APIs to communicate with enterprise servers. Therefore, it is very important to set up your API strategy correctly. However, designing an API that balances UX and security for end users is always very difficult to procure. But it’s important for mobile enterprise apps. APIs in enterprise apps are well integrated with business functions, so they should provide some high security standards.
2. Backend resources and integration services
Integrating a new mobile app with an existing backend service is challenging. Large enterprises can often have outdated backend services, which can slow down development and cause serious problems. In some cases, it may not be possible to add a mobile app with the service.
3. Slow app development
If you plan to launch a mobile enterprise app from scratch, prepare for a long-term project. Teams can benefit from reusable components within low-code development. Alternatively, you can also use MEAP. You can build cross-platform based mobile apps and connect them directly to enterprise services. You can also speed up your software development with a dedicated team to enhance your development capabilities.
4. Start distributing the app
The idea of distributing mobile apps is different from general software distribution. So there are very few master copies of apps available. So the whole process goes through the app marketplace. This may lead to some additional legal work required for enterprise mobile app distribution.
Enterprise mobile app development ideas to follow
Mobility goals should always align with business app development, goals, and current mobile strategy. Depending on your specific needs, you should consider different ideas for mobile products. Some are for internal use and some are for customer use only. There are mobile solutions that can easily take your business’s profitability to a whole new level.
1. Create a Loyalty App
When done well, mobile apps can increase loyalty and user engagement. Because it can make the opportunity to participate in customer loyalty programs and shop more convenient. About 75% of consumers are more likely to participate in loyalty programs that offer mobile-friendly rewards.
2. Business management based apps
Mobile products help to collect multiple data. It is used to facilitate and simultaneously manage various internal processes.
- Therefore, it is of the greatest need for companies to store and organize information in an appropriate way so that employees and customers can quickly access and use it appropriately.
- At this point, internal management software comes to the rescue. ERP systems, CRM software or advanced analytics tools help manage and analyze the available data in an effective way, primarily while accessed via mobile devices.
- Currently, CRM or other process management tools are very important. You don’t always have to develop for business. In most cases, this may not be enough.
3. Packaged Mobile App
As a short-term solution, you can choose a packaged app and start your mobile app project right from scratch. However, those apps will be fairly limited in what they can cover and may not be sufficient to connect to some complex and proprietary enterprise systems. Businesses may need to develop one major custom code to add mobile-based functionality and incorporate functionality as needed.
So get the app right now
To create the best internal apps for your business, you need to focus on mobile enterprise applications. There are several innovative ideas waiting for you to get right!